Welcome to our course on circus rigging. This course covers the basic theoretical knowledge needed to begin your career in circus rigging. This course gives attendees an understanding of many of the unique aspects of circus rigging. It covers rigging circus equipment and flying people in performances. The course also covers applicable regulations and methods of best practice for safe rigging for circus arts.
The course is aimed at anyone who would like to gain an in-depth understanding of the principles of circus rigging for different circus arts and types of performance.
This course allows attendees to learn about the different aspects of circus rigging. Attendees will understand how to keep themselves safe during rigging operations, learn how to safely choose and rig the right equipment for the right circumstance, learn how to design and erect basic structures to support circus performers, and learn the basics of how to fly people safely.
This course is not a qualification entitling attendees to perform rigging activities without the addition of significant practical experience with a professional organisation or experienced individual.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Understand static and dynamic loads and how to choose the right equipment to support performers safely.
- Understand safe working practices for rigging operations.
- Understand the regulations and practices regarding Personal Protective Equipment and working at height.
- Know how to erect basic support structures for circus equipment and performers.
- Understand the need, the construction, and the execution of rescue plans
- Understand different methods of supporting the movements of performers in flying techniques
- Be able to maintain rigging, PPE, and circus equipment
- Understand the best practices in maintaining documentation for the maintenance of equipment, the creation of risk assessments, and method statements.
This course is in development, and we will be releasing new content to paid members of this site every month from the beginning of March 2023.